We’re moving in the cooler season, which means termites might not be on your mind right now. But there is no better time to begin thinking about your termite protection plan! There are several termite protection treatments and plans to consider, but if you’re looking for 24/7, 365-day protection, the Sentricon Always Active Bait Station could be the best choice for you. Let’s go over the benefits of this eco-friendly termite control option that might just be perfect for your home.
Sentricon Termite Bait Station Benefits
Sentricon is a highly effective, environmentally responsible treatment option for preventing and eliminating termites. These bait stations are placed strategically around the perimeter of your property and offer 24/7/365 termite protection for your home by eliminating entire termite colonies. Here are some other great benefits to the Sentricon bait stations:
- Home termite inspection. When you have Sentricon installed, a comprehensive property inspection is performed by a pest control company, checking for signs of existing or previous termite infestations and damage.
- Continuous monitoring. Bait stations are monitored as needed to protect your home against future termite invasions.
- Annual termite inspections. Annual interior home inspections for termites and pests are included.
- Lifetime termite warranty. Every installation of the Sentricon system comes with a lifetime warranty against termite infestations and damage.
- Green termite control. Sentricon bait system poses no hazard to groundwater and has no label restrictions to use around wells and cisterns. It is EPA approved and is the only termite control product to receive the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award.
Ready for an always on termite protection plan? Give our team a call today for a free quote!
Subterranean termites are a common type of termite that can cause significant damage to your home if left untreated. These termites typically live underground and build their nests in the soil. There are several termite treatment options out there to help keep termites under control, including the Sentricon Always Active® system. Here is more information on subterranean termites, along with ways to prevent and eliminate them.
Signs of Subterranean Termites:
- Presence of mud tubes: Subterranean termites build mud tubes to travel from their nest to their food source, which is typically wood. These tubes can be found along your home’s foundation or walls.
- Damaged wood: Subterranean termites can cause significant damage to wood and other building materials. Look for wood that appears hollowed out or damaged.
- Presence of swarmers: Subterranean termites will often swarm during the spring or early summer months. Look for winged termites or termite swarmers around your home or inside your home.
Benefits of the Sentricon® Always Active Termite Baiting System:
- Effective at preventing subterranean termite infestations by using bait designed to attract termites. Once the termites consume the bait, it will be shared with the rest of the colony, leading to the colony’s demise.
- Creates a protective barrier around your home by being installed in the ground around your home’s perimeter and checked regularly by a pest control professional. If termite activity is detected, the bait will be replaced to ensure that the colony is eliminated.
- The baiting system is environmentally friendly and does not require the usage of harsh chemicals, making it family- and pet-friendly.
Remember to look out for signs of termite activity, such as the presence of mud tubes or damaged wood, and schedule regular inspections with your local pest control company to catch any infestations early.
Buying a home leaves you with hundreds of things to consider and decide on. From furniture to renovations to insurance, there’s a lot to take in! One thing that usually doesn’t come to mind immediately is termite control.
Termites can cause serious damage to your home and that damage is usually not covered by homeowner’s insurance policies. Most times, you won’t even think about it until the damage is already done. However, there are steps you can take to prevent termite damage. With the Sentricon Always Active® System and a termite provider’s inspection, your home can be protected 24/7/365.
So, what are some benefits of Sentricon Termite Protection?
- Your home is protected every single day from the moment that it’s installed. When a termite finds the bait, they will take it back to their colony and essentially eliminate their entire colony before they can reach your home.
- You get to choose a termite warranty for your home through your provider. With Northwest, we offer a $1 Million Repair and Retreat Warranty. This warranty protects your home, even if termites end up causing damage.
- You’ll receive an annual inspection. This inspection allows your home to be checked for any signs of termite activity, which should allow your provider to catch any activity or damage before it begins.
Termite protection might not be at the top of your list, but when you think about the $5 billion in damage that termites cause every year, it is something to highly consider. If you’re purchasing a new construction home, contact your builder about what they have to offer your home in terms of termite protection.
If you have questions about the right type of termite protection or warranty for your home, give your local termite control provider a call. They will be able to answer all of your questions so you can make the right decision for your home and family.