The warm and humid weather in the South creates the perfect environment for mosquitoes to thrive. Mosquito season is almost year-round down here, so it’s important to take action against these annoying pests. Mosquitoes can pose a serious threat to humans, but there is an innovative no-spray mosquito solution to stop the mosquito problem at its source.
The In2Care mosquito control is a perfect solution to eliminate and prevent mosquitoes throughout your property. This unique trap lures in mosquitoes with a special green mosquito treatment and the mosquitoes are the ones to transfer the product to other areas in your yard, including breeding sites. The spread of the treatment helps to eliminate adult mosquitoes while also preventing larvae from developing further.
Discover the benefits of In2Care:
- It’s a no-spray, discreet way to reduce mosquitoes around your home or business
- It does not harm beneficial insects, like bees
- The system eliminates all mosquito life stages – from larva to adult
- The traps are strategically placed around your home, so it’s always working
This alternative mosquito control method is discreetly and strategically placed throughout your property and lures mosquitoes with the treatment inside the trap.
If you’re interested in the In2Care System or would like more information, reach out to your local pest control company who partners with In2Care to receive a treatment plan perfect for your property!
Mosquito season is here! Summer rain brings humidity which allows mosquitoes to thrive during these months. Although mosquito season starts in spring, peak season is during the summer when temperatures are the hottest. Mosquito bites leave behind itchy, red welts and can also transmit dangerous diseases to humans and pets. Fortunately, there are a handful of green pest control options that you can use to control mosquitoes. Below are three steps you can take for green mosquito control.
Identify Nesting and Resting Sites
The first step to mosquito prevention is identifying and eliminating what attracts them in the first place. Mosquitoes tend to come around in search of nesting sites and resting sites. All species of mosquitoes lay their eggs in water. While the type of water source may vary between species, it only takes a tiny amount of water for mosquitoes to hatch and develop. You can get rid of any potential breeding sites by:
- Cleaning up debris around your home. Moisture can accumulate under piles of leaves, boards, mulch, rocks, and other outdoor items.
- Walking around your yard and identifying any items that can hold water, such as pots, bird baths, toys, and planters. Empty them and store them upside down when not in use.
- Repairing any poor drainage sites in your yard as this can lead to standing water.
Protect Yourself from Bites
You should protect yourself from mosquito bites whenever you can. You can do so by:
- Blowing them away. Any breeze makes it difficult for mosquitoes to fly. If you plan on spending time outdoors, consider using fans. Keep the air flow from the fans pointed at the lower half of your body as mosquitoes tend to fly closer to the ground to avoid the wind.
- Avoiding peak mosquito hours. Mosquitoes tend to feed at dawn and dusk.
- Applying insect repellent before going outdoors. When applying repellent, spray it onto your hands and rub it into your skin instead of spraying it directly on you.
- Considering the use of plants that repel mosquitoes around your home such as citronella, lavender, lemongrass, marigolds, and basil.
Applying Green Mosquito Treatments
Mosquito treatments vary in both effectiveness and longevity depending on where you live and what kind of climate you have. Regardless of your location, a green mosquito control program can be effective at helping control mosquitoes. Green mosquito control utilizes eco-friendly products that are just as effective as traditional products.
Our green mosquito reduction program includes an inspection to identify resting and nesting sites, larvicide and adulticides to target all aspects of the population, source reduction and elimination by removing any areas of standing water, plus a service guarantee where they can come back between treatments if needed, usually at no cost.
If you have a problem with mosquitoes or any other pests, contact your local professional pest control company. They should be able to provide you with a thorough inspection and the most up-to-date traditional and green treatment options available for you.